Please come to GreenFest on the Greenbelt September 29. Show your support for the Greenbelt, our community’s natural treasure.
What is GreenFest? GreenFest on the Greenbelt is a fun festival for all ages. Guests will enjoy activities for people who love the outdoors, live music headlined by Bleu Edmondson and good food.
· Time: 2 – 8 PM
· Date: Saturday, September 29, 2012
· Music: Bleu Edmondson, Big Gus and Swampadelic, Dustin Perkins
· Activities: Climbing Wall, Kayaking (provided), Biking (bring your own), Blackland Prairie Raptors, Reptiles, Geocaching, Inflatables for Kids, Pony Rides, Archery, Buffalo Soldiers and more
· Price: $5 in advance at www.friendsofthegreenbelt.org, $7 day of event (under age 6 free)
· Location: 5900 FM 455 East, Denton, TX 76258 (FM 455 Park of the Greenbelt, just south of the Lake Ray Roberts Dam)
Who is behind Greenfest? Greenfest is organized by the Greenbelt Alliance of Denton County together with Texas Parks and Wildlife, The City of Denton, And Our Lands & Waters Foundation – a public partnership with the US Army Corps of Engineers.
What is the purpose? GreenFest will increase public awareness of the Greenbelt and raise funds. Event proceeds will assist with reopening the equestrian trail, restoration of the Greenbelt restrooms, installation of a wetland viewing deck and trail, if approved by the USACE, and support of the Greenbelt Alliance – a non-profit dedicated to stewardship of the Greenbelt. All who attend GreenFest will receive a complimentary Community Membership to the Greenbelt Alliance.
Why should I pre-register, and how do I do it? First it saves you money. Second, check in at the event is faster. Guests who pre-register for Greenfest will have access to the “Fast Lane” at the GreenFest gate. We will give you an armband when you arrive and let you in. Pre-register at friendsofthegreenbelt.org. You do not need to bring a ticket. We will have your name.